Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Arianna Huffington and Verizon Were Never Going to Be Easy Fit [telecom]
Arianna Huffington's outsized personality was never going to fit easily into Verizon, but her departure from The Huffington Post doesn't minimize her impact on journalism and the Internet. by Leon...

AT&T service intermitted across metro Baton Rouge [telecom]
AT&T service intermitted across metro Baton Rouge as crews work to fix problem by WAFB Staff BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Many people with AT&T cell phones woke up Sunday morning to no cellular service....

Jefferies Group Analysts Reduce Earnings Estimates for CenturyLink Inc. [telecom]
Posted by Eileen French CenturyLink Inc. - Equities research analysts at Jefferies Group cut their Q3 2016 earnings per share (EPS) estimates for CenturyLink in a note issued to investors on Thursday....

AT&T internet workers authorize strike [telecom]
AT&T internet workers authorize strike as contract negotiations continue. by Sean Buckley AT&T internet employees represented by the Communications Workers of America (CWA) voted 92 percent to...

Zombie Verizon Account Keeps on Billing [telecom]
Dear ABC News Fixer: I canceled my Verizon service and returned all of their equipment last September. I even have an email from a Verizon employee saying my account was closed. For some reason, they...

Verizon's new CEO Ronan Dunne shows Legere-like social media skills [telecom]
Verizon's new CEO Ronan Dunne shows Legere-like social media skills with a direct hit on Sprint Posted by Alan F Just yesterday, we discussed Verizon Wireless' new CEO Ronan Dunne, who is the former...

Meet Moxie Marlinspike, the Anarchist Bringing Encryption to All of Us [telecom]
Meet Moxie Marlinspike, the Anarchist Bringing Encryption to All of Us ON THE FIRST DAY of the sprawling RSA security industry conference in San Francisco, a giant screen covering the wall of the...

Smartphones Bring More Mobility to the Rental Car Business [telecom]
Smartphones Bring More Mobility to the Rental Car Business Curtis Rogers of San Francisco says that in the last six months he has earned an average of $750 a month renting out his Toyota Prius through...

Good news - the robocalling scourge may not be unstoppable after all [telecom]
Good news - the robocalling scourge may not be unstoppable after all | ArsTechnica New data shows that the majority of robot-enabled scam phone calls came from fewer than 40 call centers, a finding...

What Verizon gets by buying Yahoo [telecom]
by Natalie Jarvey The telecom adds millions of eyeballs as it seeks content to avoid becoming a "dumb pipe." On July 26, the morning after Verizon agreed to buy Yahoo for $4.8 billion, CEO Lowell...

Is there a VoIP service that will serve a Quintum Tenor AX? [telecom]
As part of my new job, I have a stock of Quintum AXM2400 units on hand. It would be nice to have a VoIP service which will provide dial tone to it, so that I could test units and phones. If any reader...

Chines Group to Pay $4.4 Billion for Caesars' Mobile Games [telecom]
The deal with Caesars Interactive Entertainment is a sign that investors are willing to pay increasingly large sums for smartphone games. By Paul Mozur HONG KONG - Gambling may be illegal in mainland...

There are limits to two-factor authentication [telecom]
There are limits to 2FA and it can be near-crippling to your digital life By Kapil Haresh As a graduate student studying cryptography, security and privacy (CrySP), software engineering and...

Anti-theft kill switches in smartphones just got a little less creepy [telecom]
Anti-theft kill switches in smartphones just got a little less creepy Some of the largest smartphone vendors and mobile carriers in the US say they have hit a milestone in the use of privacy-friendly...

History--convention communications sixty years ago [telecom]
Old Western Union employee newsletters* described the work involved in serving a national political convention and the 1950s and early 1960s. Sixty years ago (1956), the press sent about ten million...