Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Geek Squad's Relationship with FBI Is Cozier Than We Thought [telecom]
Geek Squad's Relationship with FBI Is Cozier Than We Thought By Aaron Mackey After the prosecution of a California doctor revealed the FBI's ties to a Best Buy Geek Squad computer repair facility in...

Epson Devices Not Meeting USB Standard? [telecom]
I just got off the phone with Epson technical support for my scanner. I can't believe what they just told me. According to what I've read, the USB standard is for five meters in length. Converting...

AT&T officials shed light on FirstNet prioritization details [telecom]
AT&T officials shed light on 'extended primary' category of FirstNet users, prioritization details By Donny Jackson ORLANDO - Personnel within the utility, transportation and healthcare sectors are...

Will the FCC's Net-Neutrality Repeal Grind the Internet to a Halt? [telecom]
By Salvador Rizzo "If we don't save net neutrality, you'll get the Internet one word at a time." - U.S. Senate Democrats, in a tweet, Feb. 27, 2018 This clever tweet caught our eye because each word...

Stolen identity used to open Verizon account in Illinois [telecom]
Man's Info Stolen [and used] To Open Verizon Account In Downers Grove Police say the resident got a bill from Verizon for more than $600 for an account he did not open. By Lisa Marie Farver DOWNERS...

How Profitable is CenturyLink, Inc.? [telecom]
In trying to determine how profitable a company is per asset dollar, we can take a look at the firm's Return on Assets. Return on assets is calculated by dividing a company's net income (usually...

Verizon "Early Termination" fee is all wrong, customer says [telecom]
By Karin Price Mueller One mistake by a Verizon employee almost cost Jim DiOrio $170. DiOrio had Verizon service -- copper, not fiber -- at his Morristown home. In 2017, he received several letters...

U.S. Orders Qualcomm to Delay Meeting for Review of Broadcom Offer [telecom]
U.S. Orders Qualcomm to Delay Meeting for Review of Broadcom Offer Move represents a highly unusual intervention by Washington By Stu Woo The U.S. government ordered Qualcomm Inc. to delay its...

Power, phones out in Ottawa Thursday after powerline falls [telecom]
By Bryan Reynolds OTTAWA - Four AEP Ohio vehicles and seven employees converged at the intersection of Williamstown Road and Oak Street a bit before 1 p.m. Thursday to fix a downed power line which...

Broadband issues explored [telecom]
By Alexis Bechman A potentially dangerous six-hour Internet and phone outage Sunday in Rim Country after a contractor inadvertently cut a fiber optic line in Pine has renewed interest in fixing the...

Cellebrite can unlock any iPhone (for some values of "any") [telecom]
Cellebrite can unlock any iPhone (for some values of "any") Forensics contractor "Advanced Unlocking Service" still has to brute-force passcodes. Forensics contractor’s “Advanced Unlocking...

23,000 HTTPS certificates axed after CEO emails private keys [telecom]
Flap that goes public renews troubling questions about issuance of certificates. By Dan Goodin A major dust-up on an Internet discussion forum is touching off troubling questions about the security of...

Trustico website goes dark after someone drops critical flaw on Twitter [telecom]
Outage comes a day after CEO admitted emailing private keys for 23k HTTPS certs. By Dan Goodin The website for Trustico went offline on Thursday morning, about 24 hours after it was revealed that the...

AT&T has good and bad news for users of its limit-ridden unlimited plans [telecom]
AT&T ends one speed limit but introduces a new one; some prices are going up. By Jon Brodkin AT&T today raised the price of one unlimited smartphone data plan by $5 a month and lowered the price of...

You're Probably Underestimating What You Can Do With Your iPhone Home Screen [telecom]
You're Probably Underestimating What You Can Do With Your iPhone Home Screen [This added quote is from the article pointed to above - mod] The first page of my home screen for my iPhone is a sacred...