Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Last Laugh! Stop Junk Faxes!
Are you fed up with companies sending you junk faxes? Here are simple ways to fight back: 1- Never ever call that toll free number that they put for you to be removed from their fax. If you call that...

Triple-Play Broadband Resources
Dear all, I'm in the process of collecting technical related documents and links for triple-play deployment. My objective is to list this links and document in the following site: . (Still under...

Re: Any Recommendations re: Economy Internet Phone Service?
TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to John Levine: Same here. Nobody's home. At least, I've never gotten through to anybody at Vonage. I'm also getting a lot of calls dropped right as the other...

Old vs. New Doctors -- Communication and Technology
The NYT had a piece comparing old vs. new doctors, and when or if should a doctor retire. See: mother used the same doctor for at least 40 years. Her family was concerned that he was too old (he was...

Re: AT&T Inventions Fueled Tech Boom, And Its Own Fall
I forgot one other important point. Throughout the postwar history of both AT&T and IBM new technology was more efficient and reduced the number of workers needed. Yet the companies _added_ workers....

Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans
(I hope my delayed reaction is forgiven) Thanks for the very useful link. I certainly stand corrected on my claim about the cost of calls by cell phone customers being lower in Europe than here. It is...

Re: A Child Learns a Harsh Lesson in Politics
That "a harsh lesson ..." description isn't accurate. What the kid learned was that show business is tough. TV shows are cancelled all the time; few shows terminate on their own. Some may air for...

I'm Searching For a Budget Pipe Pefere oc3.
I'm looking for some sorta fat pipe for my systems. I'm just a hobbyist(gaming, family network and servers). What I have are some very very nice OC3 voip sequencers sq-1000's from cetacean that I'd...

Re: Satellite Radio Technology
Will be glad to answer, as I am an XM subscriber. No, for both services, it's one subscription per radio. XM does offer you a break on this though, as their "family plan" allows you to add additional...

Re: Update interval for E911 Records
I agree with Pat on this one. Wireless E-911 with location identification is now starting to come online in quite a few areas, increasing the chance that he would be better off using the cell phone...

Re: Old Party-Line Arrangements
The only method I'm aware of for transparently identifying the calling party was used by Ma Bell on two-party fully-selective lines. This used the ringer coils in a balanced bridge configuration to...

MCI Mum on Qwest Bid
Telecom dailyLead from USTA February 7, 2005 TODAY'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * MCI mum on Qwest bid BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Telecom landscape may be poised for shift * Satellite subscriptions...

Re: Motorola v550 - Picture Downloading??
In article <>, Pete L

Re: Need Recommendations for Economy "Pay as You Go" Cell Phones
A lot of it will depend on where you are. If you're in or near a major city most any of the companies around Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Alltel, Virgin Mobile, etc. will likely work similarly in that...

Re: Old Party-Line Arrangements
This is generally the case only where the equipment used was "terminal per line" as opposed to "terminal per station." In terminal per line set ups the last digit always indicated the cadence of the...