Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Paris Hilton's Sidekick Hacked
By Lucy Sherriff Paris Hilton's address book, famously kept on a T-Mobile Sidekick, has been popping up all over the internet after someone managed to figure out her password. The Drudge Report says...

Feds Square Off With Organized Cyber Crime
By Kevin Poulsen, SecurityFocus Feb 17 2005 8:07PM SAN FRANCISCO--Computer intruders are learning to play well with others, and that's bad news for the Internet, according to a panel of law...

ID Security Breach May Affect People in Every State, Firm Says
By HARRY R. WEBER The Associated Press ATLANTA - ChoicePoint, under fire for being duped into allowing criminals to access its massive database of personal information, said yesterday that consumers...

ID Theft Scam Hits D.C. Area Residents
4,500 Caught Up In Loss of Data Conned From Firm By Robert O'Harrow Jr. Washington Post Staff Writer One of the nation's largest commercial information services said yesterday that thousands of...

Flaw in Mail-List Software Leaks Passwords
By Robert Lemos Staff Writer, CNET A previously unknown vulnerability in Mailman, a popular open-source program for managing mailing lists, has led to the theft of the password file for a well-known...

Re: Telemarketing?
1) In the US, Federal law requires them to determine age to determine whether collection information is legal, as well as "adult" content. Admittedly a birthday isn't "required" but it's easier. 2)...

MasterCard PayPass
MasterCard, MBNA, Seattle Seahawks and Baltimore Ravens Deploy MasterCard PayPass PURCHASE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 22, 2005-- MBNA Seahawks and MBNA Ravens Extra Points Cards to be...

Re: Withholding the Telephone Tax
I seem to remember receiving a call from them asking where my bank accounts were, and refusing to tell them, and eventually they deducted it from a tax refund I had coming. Of course, in today's...

Buyouts of AT&T, MCI Sign of Long Distance's Demise
Bruce Meyerson, Associated Press NEW YORK The acquisitions of AT&T and MCI by larger rivals are the most dramatic evidence of long distance calling's steady decline as a business distinct from "local"...

Research Labs
Hi, I am looking for contacts in the following research labs Texas Instruments wireless research Cisco wireless research Nortel networks research center Nokia research center I would really appreciate...

File Sharing to Get its Day in High Court
Telecom dailyLead from USTA February 22, 2005 'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * File sharing to get its day in High Court BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Qwest poised for second run at MCI * Washington,...

Bill Hanhardt, Former Cop
I don't remember hearing of him before. It's come to my attention that he was a Chicago cop who was charged as a jewel-theft mastermind. His case is on Court TV "Mastermind" series at 10 PM eastern...

Re: A Silly Question - 2-Line Phone With One Phone Number?
No, if you have call waiting and one line, you still only have one line. You can't use the second line of a two-line phone unless you have a second line to hook it to. But you can still use the...

Re: A New Radio Station For Our Town
The call sign is a clear tip-off, Pat: this is the Oklahoma State University station. College and university radio and television stations, funded by a combination of tax money, grants from...

Withholding the Telephone Tax
Some folks are not aware of it, but you _can_ withhold (refuse to pay) that federal tax which is added to your phone bill each month, and the telephone company _cannot_ disconnect your service. Let's...