Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Cell Phone ATT
No, it's quite solid actually, as long as Cingular has honored the terms of the contract and have not made any changes that you never agreed to. If they have, then you have a case. But if only the...

Re: VoIP and Bell DSL: Is it Ready For Prime Time?
But what happens if you're in a county of 880,000 where there are a lot more 911 calls per day and they don't know everyone? I don't know about the rest of the country, but in our region telephone...

Re: What Happened To Channel 1
The allocations here were also all shifted upward by 1kHz following a WARC conference in 1978, so 899, 908, 917kHz became 900, 909, 918 etc. Yes, FM broadcasts in Europe use both even and odd slots,...

Former WorldCom Executives Settle Lawsuits for $55.25 Million
Telecom dailyLead from USTA March 21, 2005 'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * Former WorldCom executives settle lawsuits for $55.25 million BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * PHS phones for the masses * Identity...

Free From State Regulation - FCC Decision on DSL
From State Regulation Will FCC decision on DSL carry a larger impact? The Federal Communications Commission has ruled, in a 3-2 vote yet to be announced, that states no longer had authority to...

Regional Cable TV Outfit Pulls Big Approval
MIKE WENDLAND FREE PRESS COLUMNIST It may be the Detroit area's No. 2 cable company, but it's No. 1 in customer satisfaction. In fact, says Mark Dineen, the general manager and a corporate vice...

dialpad.com dpphone 211
You get what you pay for. If your lucky enough not to get a busy signal, you can actually make a U.S. call. But wait; if you forget to dial 1 for U.S. coutry code and you dial a 10 digit number that...

Re: Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing
You might see if your area has a "Friends of Ferals" or similar organization. They catch, spay, neuter, vaccinate, and release feral cats. This keeps the population down and prevents them from...

Tracking Down a Harassing Caller Number?
Are there any official procedures or unofficial ways of tracking down the source of repeated harassing calls coming from a set of apparently related numbers in a distant area code? [Calls may or may...

Senator Asks FCC to Probe Gov't Videos
By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press Writer WASHINGTON - A Senate Democrat influential on telecommunications issues has asked federal regulators to investigate whether any laws were broken by...

Re: Feds: Criminals Luuuuv Those Open 802.11 Networks
It is so easy to secure WiFi, at least against most intruders. I can receive four other home WiFi signals in my condo. Like mine, all the others are secured. So, I guess me and my neighbors are...

Re: What Happened To Channel 1
In article , Robert Bonomi responded to TELECOM Digest Editor: Channel 200 is 87.9; 201 is 88.1, and so on up to 300 which is 107.9. There are two stations in the entire U.S. on channel 200: KSFH, a...

*READ* the contract. Dollars to donuts, it expressly says that they _can_ "assign" it, without affecting _your_ liabilities. If the contract is silent on the issue, then by long-standing principle,...

Re: VoIP and Bell DSL: Is it Ready For Prime Time?
In article , Note: The playing field on this *is* changing. Generally for the better. While it's true that in a lot of territory the ILEC won't sell you DSL unless you have phone service from them as...

AT&T Wireless merged with Cingular and the combined company calls itself Cingular. Merely changing the name of the company doesn't void the contracts, any more than all your contracts would be voided...