Workers At Altice/Cablevision Vote Union Yes! [telecom]

(This is from the CWA newsletter)

Following a tough-anti union campaign, on March 5th 130 Altice Technical Service/Optimum workers in Westchester, NY persevered and voted 77 to 45 with one challenged ballot to be represented by CWA Local 1103.

A lack of job security and contracting were the main issues for the techs. The employer's nasty anti-union campaign was overwhelmed by a very well trained and strong internal organizing committee. A majority of workers wore CWA bands every day to work, and took over every single captive audience meeting. The committee stressed the importance of being public in every meeting.

"I've been working for the company for 14 years. I've never seen it this bad," said Mark Gayle, who works in Field Service at Altice in Westchester. "I'm so thankful that we're all sticking together and joining a union right now because it's the best thing that could ever happen for all of us."

Altice workers in Wappingers Falls, NY also voted last week on whether or not to join CWA; results are forthcoming.

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.