What's messing up my internet connection for Zoom meetings and other work? [telecom]

By Patrick Marshall Special to The Seattle Times

Q: I have a refurbished HP laptop with Windows 10. We use CenturyLink for the DSL connection to the modem. We recently purchased a new modem from CenturyLink for better security.

Now, though, particularly when we're using Zoom, a message pops up that says our internet connection is unstable, and often we lose our connection to the modem and the internet. There's often a problem getting connected when we turn on the computer. It takes restarting the computer a couple of times before it connects. It occasionally happens as well on my desktop, which also has a Wi-Fi connection.

My question is whether the connection problems are due to a problem with the modem, the line from CenturyLink or the Wi-Fi card in the computer. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-- Henry Burton

formatting link

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

While I also see those popups, they are transient and I'm able to continue with only minor interruption.

Reply to
Julian Thomas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.