[telecom] Re: Payphones

Well, consider that you can get a cellphone for very little money and can get service with a prepaid phone for as little as $10 for 90 days and potentially have a phone that would last you all year for just $10 once you have bought enough refill cards/PINs. It's no wonder when the local pay phone costs you 50" for a timed call on a phone that's probably got lord knows what viruses hidden on the handset.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

formatting link

Reply to
Mr Joseph Singer
Loading thread data ...

Not to mention bacteria from all parts of the world.

***** Moderator's Note *****

Gentlemen,

I'm sure that the owning companies take all possible measures against viruses and bacteria.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

(Please put [Telecom] at the end of the subject line of your post, or I may never see it. Thanks!)

Reply to
Sam Spade

Like wiping the pay stations and the hand sets every few minutes?

(I've got some fine bridge property for sale in NYC ;-) )

I'd be interesting in buying it - if it has been properly sanitized.

(Please put [Telecom] at the end of the subject line of your post, or I may never see it. Thanks!)

Reply to
Sam Spade

Remember how the virulent plague wiped out the Golgafrinchans because they sent all the people they considered useless onto the arks. People like haidressers, telephone sanitizers, etc.

And remember too that Golgafrinchin Ark B is where we're all descended from.

Just a little HHGG humor.

I was picking up a prescription at our local drug store, and the pharmacist asked me "Do you have any questions?", to which I answered "Yes! What's the meaning of life?".

Without a moment's hesitation, he answered "Forty-Two".

Reply to
T

A couple of years ago an employee of the company where I worked clicked on an attachment that he shouldn't have and, before long, everyone in the company was receiving e-mail from him. I called him to inform him of his situation, and he indicated that he realized immediately after clicking what he had done and that he was in the process of cleaning his own machine. I told him to call us (IT) if he had any questions, to which he replied:

"What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

(Of course I gave the correct answer, which prompted him to say, "I figured if anyone knew that, it would be you!")

There's even a web page

formatting link
enumerating the answers given after they added that question to their account request form.

You can't get away from this stuff (although, according to that web page, few know it well), which is why I'll understand if you don't approve this 'contribution' on the grounds that it could easily bury the list in non-telecom ramblings.

Reply to
Geoffrey Welsh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.