T-Mobile's Disruption Shows AT&T Merger Skepticism Was Warranted [telecom]

Two years ago I was busy debunking AT&T's claims that eliminating T-Mobile from the market would somehow magically improve competition. The deal was blocked, and now T-Mobile is successfully disrupting the wireless industry on numerous fronts, from their new Jump device payment plans (very quickly copied by their three competitors) to this week's interesting decision to offer free international data roaming.

Ryan Chittum at the Columbia Journalism Review argues that T-Mobile's recent successes (they're now taking two customers from AT&T for every one customer AT&T takes from them) highlight why antitrust enforcement remains important in an age where there's an endless drum beat for weaker regulators and deregulation:

Full article:

formatting link

-or-

formatting link

Reply to
Joseph Singer
Loading thread data ...

I guess right now I'm technically a T-Mobile(Mobil) customer being that they bought MetroPCS.

And ever since Metro has been making upgrades to their networks, upgrades that knock out voice or network service for days at a time. I have resorted to the tactic of filing FCC complaints against them BEFORE I call their customer service people. That way it lights a major fire under their ass.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.