Re: What Happened to Me

You know of course that the cell phone system in Europe is different

> from the US. Here, there are signs at the front door of all hospitals > (and in many places inside) saying 'Mobile phones MUST be switched > off'. The idea is that they can interfere with various medical > equipment. I don't know if that is true, or if it is like the > prohibition on airplanes -- but in any case, that's the rule. And most > people follow it. > Having said that -- my wife is a nurse and in her hospital the staff > do have cell phones. They are called DECT and apparently they use a > sub-set of the frequency band that is sure to not conflict with all > the monitors, analyzers, etc. in the building. > Can the public use their own personal mobile phones in American > hospitals?

Interesting. I recently had to visit my ailing grandmother in the ntensive care unit of a local hospital. No warnings about cell phones and in fact saw staff use them.

So I'd say yes, we can use our cell ph> John McHarry wrote:

Moto and others sell cell phone technology based private systems. They > work especially well in places like hospitals. Look for little 1' or > shorter antennas in the halls. The nice thing about cell technology is > that it can be designed for a limited area such as a hospital and the > surrounding support businesses. And can easily have multiple places > tied together.

We've had little mini tornadoes here in RI. Some have knocked bricks off buildings, etc. But those are few and far between.

Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.