Re: Web Censors In China Find Success

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I wonder why it would not be feasible

>> to route all our internet traffic _through China_ and have them >> adjust their filter mechanisms to censor out all spam. It would be a >> good way for Americans and Chinese people to work together on a very >> worthwhile, useful project. PAT] > Perhaps you are not seeing the same spam I am. Here in California, > we are inundated by Chinese spam. It's not just me - on my ISP's > internal anti-spam newsgroup, I have seen many complaints about > Chinese spam (and South Korean spam, too, for that matter). For > myself, I notice many messages from addresses in the "cn" domain > showing up with unreadable subjects in my greymail (the SpamAssassain > rejects). > On the other hand, we are also inundated with Chinese products. > I've given up shopping for toys for the grandchildren - everything > (and I do mean EVERYTHING) in the stores is made in China! It's > gotten to the point that the grocery stores are actually carrying > some garlic from China -- with Gilroy ("the garlic capital of the > world") only twenty miles away in the south end of Santa Clara > County. > Take care. > Mark
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I don't know what I am reading some days when I take time to study that stuff. One oriental, eastern language and its script looks like another to me. F'r instance, I cannot tell the difference between Chinese (and its various dialects) and Japanese (and its various dialects) and Korean, although I know there are as many as there are variations on English with its American accents. But I see the little squiggles and markings and say "oh, it comes from _over there, somewhere_". So maybe I get Chinese spam as well, and just don't know which is which. PAT]
Reply to
<kaminsky
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.