Re: Vonage's Citron Says VoIP Blocking Is 'Censorship'

Yes Pat, but it didn't do it on the basis of the 1st Amendment. As I

> understand it, the fine was to preserve "Net Freedom" (Powell's term) > and although I like it, I still don't understand the legal basis for > this action. It seems to me the Telco's ought to be concerned about > this because if there is now a "must carry" rule for VoIP traffic, what > happens when they start to offer TV/video? Will they be forced to allow

In the end, the only reason VoIP is so cheap is that it passes the costs off to other sectors. Personally, I have seen the quality of my phone service plummet in the past ten years, and I'd be willing to pay a little more to get my good service back. I don't want to pay a little less, get even worse service, and on top of it end up paying more for basic Internet. But that's where VoIP is leading.

-Joel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases:

formatting link

Reply to
Dr. Joel M. Hoffman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.