Re: Top Spammer Arrested; Watch for Decrease in Spam Mail

I found your discussion here by doing a search looking for a possible

> explanation for the decrease in spam I've received over the last > several days -- about 90%. I was receiving approx. 100-150 per day, now > about 10-15. Cool!

It appears that Cox is do> >> Well said! The spam-filtering and antivirus industries have often

> struck me as enemies disguised as friends. They rely on spam and >> viruses to continue, so they can continue selling us their >> technological solutions to human problems. > And as near as I can tell, the only difference between anti-virus > software and an actual virus is that you pay money to deliberately > infect your system with anti-virus software which will render it > sluggish and useless just like the viruses it claims to protect you > from. (Or with the recent Norton debacle in China, will completely > break your computer). > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Yeah, but the way you can almost always > guarantee a virus-free computer is by putting up with that > sluggishness while the virus checker thing literally examines the > entire page you are atempting to download. Damned if you do, and > damned if you don't, it would seem. PAT]

I run AVG for anti-virus, POPFile for spam filtering, and use a hardware firewall backed up by Windows Firewall. Hasn't really slowed me down any.

Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.