Re: Telemarketing to Cellphones

PAT -- please remove my email address to keep SPAM down...

This is an urban legend -- you can confirm that by checking

formatting link
for more information. Your cell number is not going to be "released" to the telescum.

I do recommend (have done so myself) that you include your cell number in any do-not-call list entries maintained by the FTC.

- David

In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing > companies and you will start to receive sale calls. You will be > charged for these calls. > Call this number from your cell phone 888-382-1222.

It is the national DO NOT CALL list. It only takes a minute of your

> time. It blocks your number for 5 years. Please pass this on to > everyone you know who doesn't want to be hassled. > Or you can go to donotcall.gov and do it on-line.
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, I did this way back when the 'Do Not Call' list was first getting started. In addition to my personal line, my distinctive ring-ring line, and my VOIP number, I also added my cellular phone number; my VOIP and cell numbers were never questioned. PAT]
Reply to
David B. Horvath, CCP
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.