Re: [telecom] Verizon Wireless Collection Calls for Someone Else

Being in debt used to be something decent people would avoid as much

> as possible, short of a mortgage and car loan. But that stigma is > gone and "buying on time" is done for everything by everyone.

It used to be, but that was a long time ago. Soon after my wife and I were married in 1949, we had to buy stuff like furniture and other items to set up a home, and we bought it on time ("easy monthly payments"). There was certainly no sitgma attached it that far back.

We made purchases at one furniture store which promised no interest if we paid it off in 90 days. I appeared at their credit office a day or two before the 90th day to pay it off. They had to search for the proper forms to use.

Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
Wes Leatherock
Loading thread data ...

People should be more careful dialing in fax numbers as many faxes

contain confidential personal or business information, as did the faxes I got in error.

Some years ago, I was administering a number of Rolm PBXs for our customer (a very large telecommunications company, by the way). The executives in the penthouse got a new FAX machine. They requested I have an analog line from the Rolm PBX dropped in their office. I wrote the order, programmed the line in the Rolm for that building, and one of our people went up there and installed it.

The next morning when I came into my office, there was a rather 'improper' voice mail left on my line. This woman was literally screaming at me claiming that I was 'driving her crazy'. She rambled on so that I was able to finalize what had happened because of the information she spouted off when she left that voice mail message.

It appears that those executives didn't think to 'dial 9' to get outside. Apparently the redial was for more than the customary three times (more like twenty-five attempts). The first four digits of the number they dialed was exactly the same as the secondary number on her phone.

So why was she screaming at me? I was well known for solving phone problems for them and since I was the only name in the internal telephone department she just lashed out at me.

I called her immediate superior and told her about this screaming at me on the voice mail. Her superior apologized and assured me she was take it up with this woman.

When the folks at the customer (the one that my company reported to) came in, I told them what happened.

They paid her a visit. They told me she was so defensive it was unreal. And she assured them she would call me and apologize.

Well, she did. I accepted her apology although I didn't fully buy her justification for screaming at me like that. But I never had another problem out of her.

Regards,

Fred Atkinson

P. S. The Verizon collection calls have stopped. The lady I reached at Verizon obviously knew the correct way to stop them. I'm glad there is at least one person that knows what they are doing.

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.