Re: [Telecom] Re: 911 service not universal

news:004901c83448$ccd219b0$6664a8c0@bobpc...=20

> > snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:=20 > >=20 > >> > Most states have counties, but Lousiana calls them "parishes" and=20 > >> > Alaska has "boroughs". Other county-equivalents include the District= =20 > >> > of Columbia, and Virginia's "independent cities".=20 > >>=20 > >> There are other independent cities in the U.S.A. St. Louis, Mo., is a= =20 > >> notable example. The tension between the residents of the city and of= =20 > >> the county is significant.=20 > >>=20 > >> There are surely many other such examples.=20 > >=20 > > It seems not. According to Wikipedia=20 > >
formatting link
> > the only other independent cities are Baltimore, MD and Carson City, NV= .=20 >=20 > Bob-=20 > The very reference you cite above includes St. Louis, Missouri.=20

Herb, please re-read the preceding exchange. I mentioned the Virginia citi= es (though I never claimed that they were the ONLY other county-equivalents, merely that the set of county-equivalents INCLUDES Virginia=E2=80=99s indep= endent cities). Wes added St. Louis to the list and speculated that there were =E2=80=9Cmany other=E2=80=9D examples of independent cities besides the one= s discussed so far. I then followed up by noting that, no, we=E2=80=99ve apparently co= vered

40 of the 42 independent cities already (39 in VA, plus St. Louis), leaving only Baltimore and Carson City un-cited.

Bob Goudreau Cary, NC

Reply to
<bobgoudreau
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.