Re: [telecom] GSM-only interference [Telecom]

But the finger is pointing at GSM as the culprit. Though I realize

> the GSM interference isn't a life-threatening situation (hmmm, what > about being in a hospital?), I thought consumer appliances are not > supposed to be causing such interference.

I was in the hospital a few months ago and using my AT&T phone. So were many of my visitors. Others I have no idea what carrier/system they were using but I know some of them were ATM. Nurses and others called and answered calls all over the place.

Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

**************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
formatting link
?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115)
Reply to
Wesrock
Loading thread data ...

A couple of years ago, the hospital even let me use a cell phone in intensive care, recovering from a heart bypass operation, with lots of wires running from my chest to monitors. Nobody was concerned about interference. And as far as I know, there was none; at least no nurses came running into my room because of alarms going off due to cell phone use.

OT, ... Alarms did go off whenever I drifted off to sleep. The heart-rate monitor had a trip point at 50 beats/minute, and my heart rate drops to the mid-forties when I sleep (i.e., I hibernate). They changed the trip point to 40, and I got some good sleep.

Reply to
Richard

I would expect medical equipment, especially that used in a hospital, to be better shielded than the general run of consumer electronics. A Google search found this:

OT, ... Alarms did go off whenever I drifted off to sleep. The

40 is low. I have a pulse oximeter which I bought as a check on the automatic blood pressure thingie I occasionally use and I've never been below 60 or so.
Reply to
Thad Floryan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.