Re: Sprint, Verizon Opening Doors to Mobile Content

Sprint and Verizon Wireless may soon lower the walls on their

> networks, allowing their subscribers greater access to third-party > content, including ringtones and graphics. > Sprint and Verizon, however, have taken a "walled garden" approach, > restricting content to that offered directly through their own > delivery portals.

This is so incorrect it's outrageous. It's true of Verizon, but unless Sprint's drastically changed things in the past six months, it's nowhere near true of Sprint. Sprint has, in the past, allowed me to download *my own Java apps* to *my own phone* from *my own website.* I've used other third-party websites to facilitate downloading content too. And in the case of my own website, I'm registered as a developer with Sprint PCS, but have not added the website with my app on it, and I'm not an officially-approved Sprint content provider.

JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / snipped-for-privacy@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

Reply to
Steve Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.