Re: Vonage and E911: Customer Service Response

I wrote to Vonage Customer Service today (I am a customer) and told

> them I found out that another VoIP provider (Time-Warner RoadRunner) > in my city (Charlotte, NC) could provide me with true E911. I asked > why Vonage could not. I further asked when I could expect true E911 > from Vonage. > Below is the response, a direct quotation. I admit I haven't been > following all the twists and turns 100%, but isn't this reply a bit of > a stretch (or worse) from what we know? Or did I miss something?

The CSR's response is in line with what I understand to be the case (that VoIP providers are being required by the FCC to start offering E911 within the next couple months).

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That was their entire response? I guess > technically, they are correct. FCC gave them all 90 days to comply, as > of mid-May. So mid-June (1), mid-July (2) and mid-August (3) gets us > to 90 days, around to approximatly the end of the summer. You'd think > that Kristen might have elaborated on it just a little; but who knows, > maybe the bosses told Kristen to avoid any conversations with > customers on the topic while they (the bosses) try to worm their way > into an extension of time, either formally or informally. Maybe they > told Kristen to be most careful about saying anything which could be > construed as a 'promise' or a 'commitment'. PAT]

I don't know about the former, but I'm sure the latter did happen.

JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / snipped-for-privacy@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

Reply to
Steve Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.