Re: Service Providers Recycling Phone Numbers

Al -- You're right -- It was a Hallicrafters receiver. A Sky Buddy.

In those days, we built our transmitters, and bought our receivers, as the capability to build a decent receiver was out of the reach of most of us. We strung our antennas, and we rapped and turned the loading coils in the transmitter output stage. The ARRL handbooks of those days gave us the knowledge, as well as giving musthe knowledge to pass the exams. For me, the hardest part was passing the Morse Code exam for the first time. although I finally was sufficient in code to get my Class A license and move up to 20 meters.

I'll never forget my first CQ QSL, as I was in Missouri (W9), and the person who answered was in Canada! 40 meters CW.

My fist wasn't too good, and he gently chastised me for my lousy CW.

I switched to a bug!

Long time ago.

George

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -- Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman (attributed)

Reply to
George Berger
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.