Re: Ringing Finally Ended, but There's No Button to Stop Shame[telecom]

David Clayt>> I have some sympathy for this person, I use an Android phone and

>> while it has various "Silent" and "Airplane" modes that seem to >> work for "normal" things like incoming calls I have also installed >> various apps to signal me on things like incoming e-mails and I am >> not sure that all of these use the aforementioned settings. >> All it may need is one lazy app developer to bypass the bits that >> control to alarm modes and then you have a device that can only be >> shut off with a hammer (or the power button....) > The iphone, blackberry and nokia all ignore the off switch to sound > an alarm that you have set.

Setting an alarm on my iPhone 4 and then powering off the device and keeping it powered off through the time set for the alarm resulted in no alarm sounding. iPhone power off was accomplished via the "slide to power off" control that appears on the screen after holding down the physical button on the upper right corner for several seconds.

When I powered the device on, done well after the time for which the alarm was set, the alarm sounded as soon as the device finished waking up and the usual interface for ending or "snoozing" the alarm appeared.

George

Reply to
Adams, George Bunch
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.