Re: NJ Students Ordered to Take Down Blogs

By WAYNE PARRY, Associated Press Writer

> A Roman Catholic high school has ordered its students to remove > personal blogs from the Internet in the name of protecting them from > cyberpredators. > Students at Pope John XXIII Regional High School in Sparta appear to > be heeding a directive from the principal, the Rev. Kieran McHugh, to > remove personal postings about the school or themselves from Web sites > like myspace.com or xanga.com, even if they were posted from the > students' home computers.

I'm not convinced the issue is safety. Did any of the blogs speak negatively about the high school?

Students could be suspended if they flout the rules

Nice.

Thompson said parents of students who enroll in the schools sign > contracts governing student behavior, including responsible Internet > use.

Which, I'm sure, doesn't apply at home - such agreements usually apply to Internet use AT THE SCHOOL. I'd like to see one such agreement from this school.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek 888-480-4638 PGP: 0xE3AE35ED Company website:

formatting link
blog, resume, portfolio:
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

Reply to
Steve Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.