Re: Looking For Old Dialite Video

About 20+ years ago, when I worked for GTE, we had a list of video

> tapes we could request from GTE's main headquarters in Stamford, > Conneticut. Most of the tapes were educational or safety tapes, meant > to be shown for training and during employee meetings. > But I remeber one tape I requested that was a short tongue in cheek > video to "educate" the general public about where dial tone comes > from. The tape started out showing a rock quarry, mining type > operation. It went on to explain how "dialite" was extracted from the > rocks and refined into dial tone. I don't know if dialite is the word > used in the video, but it was something important sounding. > Has anyone ever seen this, or know how I might get a copy of it again? > Thanks. > Jim

As bad as those GTE steppers got in the LA outer areas in the 1960s and 1970s they could have just as well mined dial tone out of a rock quarry. ;-)

Back then when I'd see a GTE service truck on the road, I would comment, "Ah, another search for the missing dial tone."

Reply to
Tim
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.