Re: FTC Do Not Call List

I'm trying to dictate what people can call me on MY phone...

> telemarketers ... are rude. They won't leave a message on the answeing > machine, but will hang up, and then call over and over again. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I quite agree with your assessment, but > my point was what makes _your_ telephone any more sancrosanct than _my_ > computer. ...And let's face it, spam-scam > and phishing is far worse than telemarketers ever have been.

The difference between telemarketing and spam, IMHO, is that telemarketers make my phone ring, and that is something that demands immediate attention. That bothers me a lot. Much more than spam that might happen to be in the inbox when I check for it at my leisure. (I don't have automated email retrieval). I guess I have been fortunate that I am not innundated with spam. As some of my ISP provided email accounts that I guarded meticulously, and only sent to friends, leaked to (or were guessed by) spammers, I switched to gmail, which seems to have wonderful spam protection and spam reporting ease. Click a button and it's gone. Telemarketers, OTOH, are difficult to get rid of.

Lena

Reply to
Lena
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.