Re: Dear comp.dcom.telecom Readers

I thought this (comp.dcom.telecom) was a moderated newsgroup.

It is, but it's not hard to get around the moderation requirement, due to a flaw in the basic design of the NetNews Transfer Protocol.

And it's possible something just slipped through Pat's fingers; I moderate rec.radio.broadcasting and occasionally the same thing happens to me.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek 888-480-4638 PGP: 0xE3AE35ED Company website:

formatting link
blog, resume, portfolio:
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: It did not come through _my_ inbox in normal channels. If it had -- and I thought it had not been used in many other newsgroups, I _might_ (not saying for sure either way) have tidied it up some and used it here, because he did make a few good points. I would have caught hell for doing so by the people who do not seem to mind being off-topic as long as the off-topic sort of meets their own agenda, but they sure give me a blast when it is off-topic and not in their own agenda.

And Steve, I know you are running r.r.b. these days, so would you mind talking to John Levine and the guy in Minnesota who is handling the Airwaves.com web site about the problems he is/was having with the IP address for

formatting link
? He has written me a couple times to note that when Bill Pfieffer passed away, the whole thing was left in the care of Cindy (Bill's planned to be fiance), and that since that time, apparently the web site has been improperly moved around. Thank you very much, Steve. PAT]

Reply to
Steve Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.