Re: CO backup power (was Re: [telecom] FiOS in MDU Buildings [Telecom]

Ahem. No battery is designed to float. They are designed to

> provide power ... and float when not doing that. I worked in those > offices for 25 years and I assure you that their capacity to provide > that power WAS tested regularly.

Usually [they were tested] every Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. In autostart offices, the commercial power was disconnected automatically to make sure the automatic transfer system and autostart system were working right, as well as making sure the generator (usually called the emergency engine) was working properly, too. Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

***** Moderator's Note *****

Why would commercial power be disconnected automatically? If the objective was to test the automatic equipment, wouldn't the testers need to cut off the commercial mains manually?

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Please put [Telecom] at the end of your subject line, or I may never see your post! Thanks!

We have a new address for email submissions: telecomdigestmoderator atsign telecom-digest.org. This is only for those who submit posts via email: if you use a newsreader or a web interface to contribute to the digest, you don't need to change anything.

Reply to
Wesrock
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.