Re: Cell Phone Numbers and Do Not Call List

claims that the telemarketers will be allowed to call cell phones within

> the next couple of weeks and advised everyone to add their cell phones > to the National Do Not Call List. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I do not know if this is true or not, > but the way _I_ handled it long ago was to add my cell phone number to > the 'regular' DND list, without regard to it being a cell phone. In > other words, I called up the list, and told it to add my number > xxx-xxx-xxxx to the list without bothering to indicate that it was a > cell phone number. After all, how is anyone going to know if it is a > cell phone or a 'regular' number anyway? I believe I read somewhere > that we were 'not supposed to do that', that the list was for landline

Well, when I first added my phone number to the list it was a landline at my house. I have since transferred that number to a cell phone. I've also "re-entered" the number in the Do Not Call list since then, but it did not ask what kind of phone it was. I also entered my mother's phone number for her while I was there. She's 92 and doesn't really need the aggravation.

Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Reply to
ranck
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.