Re: Cell Phone ATT

I have an ATT contract dated in Oct- 2004- before Cingular bought ATT.

> Now Cingular is saying that I owe it $170 for cancellation fee if I > tranfer service to Verizon.

If you had a one year contract your contract would be fulfilled in October 2005.

My contract was with ATT and I never signed anything with > Cingular. So, looks like the ATT contract is shakey at best. Does > anybody have any experience similar to mine and didn't pay for > cancellation fees?

When Cingular assumed AT&T Wireless' assets they also assumed all of its agreements which would include any contract you had with AT&T Wireless. If you had a year's contract with AT&T Wireless your contract did not end when Cingular purchased AT&T Wireless. I'm pretty sure that if you had failed to meet the terms of your contract with AT&T Wireless they would have charged you an early termination fee. Bottom line is that you are responsible for your contract til the end of your contract term. There is no get out of jail free pass by your being absorbed by Cingular.

Reply to
Joseph
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.