Re: AT&T Billing Us For MDNS Account Closed Three Years Ago

I am a technical person, not a book keeper, but as far as I know, we

> have had no success in getting AT&T to stop sending bills for the non > existent service. What I am looking for is the magic phrase to say, > office inside AT&T for their billing dispute people to contact, or > whatever can explain the situation to them in terms they can > understand.

I am confused by the whole situation, however. Is your company still paying the bll for services not received? If they are, there's little incentive for anyone to remove the charge. If not, the account would quickly become delinquent and come to the attention of someone. But your description doesn't sound like AT&T is disputing you and claiming the equipment/ service is still in place; rather, nobody is even talking to you.

Also, this sounds more like a accounting issue rather than technical, and thus would be more appropriately handled by the accounts receivable unit of your company. They have more experience dealing with this sort of thing. In every organization I know of the technical people do not get involved in accounting issues other than to merely advise the start and stop dates of vendor services.

Anyway, presumably their billing statement contains an address for inquiries, not just a payment return. I would send a Certified Letter to that address explaining the situation and advising your company will not pay for the improperly billed service. I would not pay for that service.

Because Certified Letters must be signed for, they tend to attract more attention by the recipient. It also provides you with a written record.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.