Re: 712 858 8094?

What is expected of you is to enter '011' (international code from

> the USA), followed by the varying length number you wish to reach. > ... my research assistant listened to the opening tri-linqual > instructions, then dialed 011-620-331-1113 for the Independence > weather and time of day recording. ... the '011' is needed, since > apparently the Iowa location 'expects' it is going to be given an > international number.

Something is seriously wrong here: 011 in normal dialing is followed by a country code, so 011-62 from North America should reach some place in Indonesia. And you said it was expecting an international number and yet you reached a domestic one. Did you mean 011-1-620-331-1113, with a country code? (Of course we don't normally ever dial 011-1- in North America, but if it did work it would logically reach North America.)

Mark Brader, Toronto But that's what all the other snipped-for-privacy@vex.net individualists are doing!

My text in this article is in the public domain.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Yes, I accidentally omitted the '1' in the middle, sorry. It did 'expect' an international dialing string, which is why the '011' part was required, even though it settled for less after I gave it a '#' to indicate the end of dialing. PAT]
Reply to
Mark Brader
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.