Re: 1A2 Help Requested

TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to the original query:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I can tell this much; no one,but no >> one tampers with or tries to rewire the inside of a 1A2 phone. The >> wiring is just too complex. All the rewiring is done in the box on >> the wall where there is room to move your arms and fingers, _not_ >> in the phone itself. PAT] > No doubt. No one ever changed the wiring within a 1A2 or 10A2 set, with > the expection of installing a buzzer for intercom. But, that wasn't > really rewiring; rather loosing a couple of screws to overlap > u-connectors. > And, no one in the field re-wired a 1A2/10A2 KSU, other than to > restrap the tie down wiring to change features, etc. > Ain't computers great?! > TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I really do not think anything much can > be done inside those phones without a lot of grief that cannot be done > better and quicker at the punchdown block on the wall. I've done > 'stuff' inside those phones but mainly things like remove or > re-arrange the ball-bearings under the push buttons so I could get two > or more buttons to stay down at one time. And once I converted a five- > line six-button phone with a hold button into a three line phone with > three associated hold buttons by using two of the line strips for each > line, so that three buttons merely put a short on each of the > associated three lines, and re-arranging the ball-bearings as > needed. This was circa 1975. It was not a fun project. That was the > day I vowed never to take one of those 1A2 phones apart again. PAT]

At least you could modify a 2565 or 565 type set. Modifying a 7406, 8410 or 6408 is almost completely out of the question.

I note the OP is a fan of modern phone system, as am I. But there is one tiny little problem.

Our PRI between our two switches regularly goes down for anywhere from

30 seconds to 5 minutes. This seems to occur most between 8:30AM and 9:00AM and then again between 2:00PM and 2:30PM. Verizon claims they can't figure it out. [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: In that case, next month when it is time to pay the bill is tell Verizon "I can't figure out where I left my purse and money." PAT]
Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.