"Mind Control by Cellphone" [Telecom]

We haven't had this discussion in a while. There's always the crowd who says "it is impossible for a cellphone to affect your body except by heating", the crowd who says "it'll give you cancer", and a few who say "we're not sure why there are effects, or what their significance is, but they do exist". This article falls into that last camp.

...Horne and his colleagues controlled a Nokia 6310e cell phone - "another popular and basic phone" attached to the head of 10 healthy but sleep-deprived men in their sleep research lab. (Their sleep had been restricted to six hours the previous night.) The researchers then monitored the men's brainwaves by EEG while the phone was switched on and off by remote computer, and also switched between "standby," "listen" and "talk" modes of operation for 30 minute intervals on different nights. The experiment revealed that after the phone was switched to "talk" mode a different brain-wave pattern, called delta waves (in the range of one to four Hertz), remained dampened for nearly one hour after the phone was shut off...

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

I'm not related to the Mr. Horne mentioned in the article.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

(Please put [Telecom] at the end of the subject line of your post, or I may never see it. Thanks!)

Reply to
Dave Garland
Loading thread data ...

This is in no way a realistic test. A better test would be to attach a cellphone to the head of a volunteer, then call it every fifteen minutes all night long with offers for mortgage refinancing and credit repair services.

I doubt that RF energy at the levels and frequencies we are talking about here are particularly hazardous, but I have noticed that cellphones almost invariably increase stress levels of users. This seems a much more worrisome issue.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Yes -- loss of time management skills and social skills is an obvious, visible effect of cell phones...

"Hang up and live" is a piece of advice I often give new college students. That is, put away your cell phone and pay attention to the people you are actually with, and your surroundings. After all, you tried hard to get into our college

-- why tune it out once you get here?

Reply to
MC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.