Laptops Turn On, Tune In to Seattle Metro's New Wi-Fi

Starting today, Seattle bus routes are offering Wi-Fi for FREE on some of their lines.

Not only in this period of exorbitant gasoline prices can you "leave the driving to us" (one bus lines logo), but you can doubly save on the commutation. With FREE Wi-Fi service (forget Blackberry's and Verizon costly Broadband services) you can get on the Internet and "work" while you relax on your way to work.

I wish more cities would get gutsy and fight the local Teleco incumbent (it seems that they and the cable provider think they "own" connection to the Internet) to put FREE Wi-FI every where (especially on busses with the high cost of fuel) they want. I haven't heard if Philly and other cities have given up their quest and fight to put in these systems.

The article:

Laptops turn on, tune in to Metro's new Wi-Fi

29 buses on two routes offering wireless Net access

By JANE HADLEY SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER (9/7/05)

Beginning today, some riders on two Metro bus routes will be able to turn on and tune in their laptops to the Internet using Wi-Fi wireless connections in a five-month trial that could expand to other routes, if successful.

By mid-October, all 29 buses that run on ....

URL of article:

formatting link
Wish my area in NY had this available.

John Stahl Data/Telecom Consultant Aljon Enterprises

Reply to
John Stahl
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.