Judge John Hodgman on a Wife's Casual Texts [telecom]

Justice is best served cold, with emojis.

Philip writes: When I am driving and I receive a text, instead of replying myself, my wife will text for me. But if I say: Should we meet you at your house?", she will send "should wee meet u at ur house?" I find texting impersonal, but if I am forced to text, I at least want to use appropriate English. Please order her to type my words properly when texting under my name.

formatting link
al-texts.html

***** Moderator's Note *****

Anyone interested in shortening the length of their texts messages can obtain a copy of "The Phillips Telegraphic Code for the Rapid Transmission by Telegraph of Press Reports, Commercial and Private Telegrams, and All Other Matter Sent By Wire or Cable.", which was the most commonly used commercial code on telegraph lines.

Such acronyms as POTUS, and abreviations like "Crupt" and "Sumr" originated in Walter P. Phillip's immortal salute to brevity, which is available online at

formatting link

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.