Job Opportunity

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Readers, perhaps you can tell me if this is a _legitimate_ employment opportunity or just another scam intended to get you to do a quick shuffle of money outbound before the excrement hits the propeller blades?

In my limited examination of this company I note a few things: (1) They are looking for licensees to help them in their 'shipping and freight forwarding' business. (2) They seem quite eager to find people with a USA bank account; in fact a question on their online employment application asks about your USA bank routing number. (3) Their 'home office' (of which they show lots of pictures of happy industrious employees) is in St. Petersburg, _Russian Federation_. I do not intend to besmirch their character and accuse them of being a bunch of crooks, however I do recall reading somewhere of two Russian 'hackers' who were from St. Petersburg, Russia who the United States FBI wanted very badly but could not get them extradited.

Anyway, I pass this along in the event any one or more of you feel like applying for the job, and are quick witted enough to hang onto your purse (and only provide accurate ABA routing numbers, etc) in the event you absolutely must. Here is the message I got a few days ago, and you can check out the corresponding web page. PAT]

===========================

Hi,

Would you like to earn some extra money working from home? We offer you a great opportunity!

Our company Ship & Pay International is looking for reliable and trustworthy people to be our representatives in your country!

This is not a sales gimmick requiring you to pay setup fees or sign up to a mailing list. You will need no money and no special skills to start. Anyone can work with us!

If you are interested, don't hesitate to visit our website:

formatting link
Requirements:

1. A computer with access to the Internet, e-mail
  2. 3-5 hours free during the week (mainly in the non-business hours)
  3. Check your e-mail several times a day (each hour is welcome)
  4. Be able to repeatedly lift 5-20 pound boxes.
  5. Reply to e-mails immediately
  6. We don't work with persons under 21
  7. Bank account to receive payments
  8. Account in: PayPal, E-gold (if possible)
  9. Be able to answer phone calls
  10. Be responsible, hard working and communicable

If you would like to join our team please visit

formatting link
and fill in the online application form.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ship & Pay International

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Now, it all appears to be an honest company trying to get started with a worldwide presence. But something leaves me feeling a bit queasy, even with those nice pictures on their web site, and happy, smiling employees; the picture of their office building, etc. What is going on? PAT]
Reply to
Mayra TABOR
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.