Ever get the feeling there's a hidden agenda? [telecom]

I was talking to the head of a local charitable group, who was intrviewing my wife and I to see if we qualifiy for their help.

When I mentioned I was a retired telephone guy, she told me that an elderly woman she knew, who still has a wired POTS line, is having a lot of trouble with her phone line ringting without her being able to answer it during wet weather, and she asked me if a flooded cable would do that.

I told her that a flooded cable was much more likely to cause a continuous busy signal, and she shifted instantly to saying that's what they were getting: busy signals when someone tried to call this person.

I offfered to give her a spare trimline phone, and she asked repeatedly if that would cure the problem. I told her that it might, and that there was no harm in trying. She changed the subject.

Would anyone care to tell me what she was really asking?

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.