CWA: Worker Power Update [telecom]

*Apple Workers Speak to Members of the Congressional Labor Caucus About Their Organizing Journey, Fight Against Union-Busting*

Apple workers and CWA members Michael Forsythe and Kirsten Civick met with members of the Congressional Labor Caucus to share their experiences as members of the organizing committee during their campaign to form a union at Apple. Last October, their store became the second certified union at Apple. While the victory was rewarding, Forsythe shared with the members of the Congressional Labor Caucus that "management made it a more hostile, intimidating, and divisive place than you could even imagine." "Our workplace has been flooded with raw sewage multiple times and my coworkers and I were responsible for cleaning up messes without any hazard gear," Civick added, "I never saw myself becoming a part of a union organizing effort, but my years at Apple have shown me that all workers, no matter what sector, face injustice in the workplace and deserve a union to make their working conditions better."

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.