Concession to Modern Technology

As regular posters know, I am a major "Luddite". I constantly question if some new technology is really worth the hype around it and will truly make things easier for us, on in reality, be more of a nuisance than the past.

I must admit one new tech item is pretty slick. I just got some CD-ROMs with .PDF files of various antique telephone manuals and catalogs. They were very reasonably priced.

The use of .PDF files (a file format used to store images from printed matter such as books) and the CD ROM media made it easy to copy, distribute, and use the old stuff. Otherwise, I'd have to purchase the original manuals at considerably more cost and then only I could view them; by mass media, many people can benefit. I'd also have a bunch of old paper lying around the house subject to getting torn or deteriorating or lost.

(Now if only Adobe wouldn't keep upgrading its free reader every other day. I use version 5 and now they're up to 7 or 8.)

[public replies, please]
Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.