Cable System Switch Type [telecom]

Anyone have an idea what the end office switch type "NT-5" is?

That is what comes up in Local Calling Guide for the switch used in NPA 949 by Cox Communications to provide dial tone services on their Orange County, California cable service.

I know, "NT" seems like those folks that make DMS switches. ;-)

Reply to
Sam Spade
Loading thread data ...

Wasn't the equipment end of NT sold? They might have renamed it,

Reply to

Yes, it's an abbreviation for Northern Telecom. It's the DMS-500, but I think that the official designation by Nortel is the NT-500.


Reply to
markjcuccia Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.