AT&T to cut jobs in weaker business units [telecom]

By Sheila Dang

(Reuters) - AT&T Inc is cutting some jobs in declining areas of its business, while hiring more people in faster-growing segments, an AT&T spokesman said on Monday.

The layoffs will affect a "small" portion of the workforce and are consistent with staffing changes AT&T has done in the past, spokesman Jim Greer told Reuters by telephone. He declined to specify how many positions would be cut.

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Do you (or anyone) know what sector these positions are in? For instance, is it the telephone sector? Or the TV sector? Or the mobile sector?

Strangely, the article mentions AT&T only as the "2nd largest wireless company" even though T&T literally stands for "TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH" (nothing whatsoever to do with wireless or mobile). I would at least think they would mention it was also the largest wireline carrier in the US.

I realize this is AT&T Corp. and the article states AT&T Inc., but AT&T Corp is a part of AT&T Inc. so I'm curious about to which part of their business they were referring. AT&T is such a hypocritical company, the interview they did was conducted by telephone and they fail to mention that in their article.

I would be interested to hear if they are cutting down on their T&T segment or if it's something else, such as cable or mobile.

Reply to
Naveen Albert

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.