Applications Due September 9 For FCC Auction Of 3,400 MHz Of Spectrum [telecom]

Here's the headline:

The Federal Communications Commission has released a draft notice on proposed auction procedures for the December 9 auction of 3,400 MHz of spectrum in the 37, 39 and 47 GHz bands. If, as expected, the draft notice is approved, applications to participate will be due on September 9. The FCC will vote on the procedures on July 10.

formatting link

And, here's why I'm interested:

"The 37, 39 and 47 GHz bands?" I admit I was working on microwave "back in the day," but that seems somehow out-of-this-world. If you know what these bands are to be used for, please submit more info, and thanks in advance.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Please send posts to telecom-digest.org, with userid set to telecomdigestsubmissions, or via Usenet to comp.dcom.telecom

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > Here's the headline:

Those high freq bands are for 5G. As you note, about useless for P2P microwave, but for guided wave over power/ fiber optic strand, or from the +pole to the house it works.

Get in the house and convert to WiFi or femto cells.

If you haven't seen guided wave, google it. High freq signals will hug a ground wire for a limited distance. Combined with RF lenses to focus +the power in a ring around the conductor it's a neat tech- nology. If you abandon your copper plant, you have to get power utility cooperation, except for poles with fiber that can use the strand or message wire for the same purpose.

Patton Turner

Reply to
Turner, Patton (FAA)

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.