Apple Launches iPhone 4S, iOS 5 & iCloud [telecom]

Apple Launches iPhone 4S, iOS 5 & iCloud iPhone 4S Features Dual-Core A5 Chip, All New Camera, Full 1080p HD Video Recording & Introduces Siri

CUPERTINO, California-October 4, 2011-Apple today announced iPhone

4S, the most amazing iPhone yet, packed with incredible new features including Apple's dual-core A5 chip for blazing fast performance and stunning graphics; an all new camera with advanced optics; full 1080p HD resolution video recording; and Siri, an intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. With the launch of iPhone 4S also comes the launch of iOS 5, the world's most advanced mobile operating system with over 200 new features; and iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that work with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC to automatically and wirelessly store your content in iCloud and push it to all your devices.

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

I've never used an iPhone, or felt the need to have a "1080P" screen in the palm of my hand. ISTM that Apple is trying to pack every digital device known to man into a palm-sized box that is (1) very easy to lose, and (2) way too expensive, and (3) has a tiny screen that Uberman's X-Ray vision would be strained to see.

Frankly, the Apple PR agent's gushy superlatives put me off. That's partly my age, but also because I've seen miracle devices before, and they /never/ live up to their hype. I don't feel the need to be entertained while I'm accomplishing miraculous feats of bureaucracy as I draw admiring stares from all the women at the airport/train station/polo meet/lunar landing, and while Apple's PR department is doing a good job training Twenty-somethings to imagine themselves in that commercial, they're not impressing /me/, or (I suspect) any other potential buyer over the age of Forty.

Digital electronic devices are not toys, not magic, and definitely not cheap, but their most serious deficiency is that they are not a substitute for human judgement and critical thought. I always thought that the whole idea of being able to access informaiton was to be able to make informed judgements concerning it, and to report on my opinions about it, quickly and concisely. There is no cell phone, no matter how many extra features it may offer to those with a /lot/ of disposable income, that can help me to do that. I'm fairly sure that having the world's accumulated literature at my disposal won't make me any smarter than I already am - not even to mention the difficulty of /finding/ accurate information when "the truth", although "out there", is always mixed in with several cesspools of hype and disinformation and lies. What Apple's minions can't provide is wisdom and experience, although IMNSHO those whom invest in Apple's gadgets will find themselves gaining the former at the expense of the later.

Bill Horne Moderator

Copyright (C) 2011 E. William Horne. All Rights Reserved.

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.