Re: False Alarm on Dual Tech Passive

Hi all

> > A couple of years ago I had a number of false alarms from an entrance hall > passive. > On group recommendation, I replaced this with a dual-tech version. > This morning, at 03:53 :( the same passive caused a false alarm.

Lightning? That's what was going on round here at that time (and still is).

So the question is: > How good are these d-t passives? Are they still suceptible to false alarms > or does this indicated a failing panel?

What type is it? I have had trouble with the anti-masking protection on Focus Dual-Tech's and changed most of them out. It actually generates a tamper alarm in that particular model, but it depends on the model, how you have them connected up and on the panel, just how that presents.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
Loading thread data ...

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote

Didn't see any and I was up long enough to dig out the panel instructions to find the triggered device:(.

Can't remember unfortunately.

Each passive connects to a separate zone, so shouldn't be influenced by other sensors.

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.