Wah!!!! My Laptop is broken!!!

Well, not total broken, but ther eis ahuge crack in the LCD display. I was wondering if anybody knew of repairs services who could replace the LCD display or if my only option is to return it to Averatec for repair.

Its actually not my only laptop, but it the newest of the three we are currently using, and the one I use personally. My backup is currently doing temporary duty as a fax server in the office. LOL.

P.S. Its not the laptops fault. I set in my case behind the seat of my work truck and didn't latch it shut. The chrager/power supply got wedged between the laptop and the inside of the case and flexed it.

It really is a good laptop. I was thinking abot buying a new one, but there is absolutely no reason to replace this one otherwise. I was just going to retire one of the odler ones and donate it to a buddy who reconditions computers for needy kids .

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I've got an Averatec laptop also, and just had to have the screen replaced also. We had to send it back to the manufacturer. Our local computer guy can do some of the simpler repairs, but the screen was a bit too involved. Where did you get your laptop from? Was it a local store? Do you use local stores for other computers in the office? You might try asking around before sending it off.

Reply to
Michael

I got it at Staples. Except for my laptops I still build all my machines from components. I've got a buddy who is licensed to sell and install OEM Windows so I just buy licenses from him. I doubt Staples would do anything but add a middle man and an extra expense to having it repaired, but that is an excellent idea.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Dam Bob, you sure complain about a lot of things lately :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's all that Mexican beer. Makes him edgy. js

Reply to
alarman

Fell off the Harley?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Been there. I had one of my kids knock one off in the floor about a year ago. I bought = a new screen off the Internet and installed it and it still works great. I = can't remember who i bought it from, but here are a couple of sites to = start from.

formatting link
If you build your own computers, this should not be a problem.

Reply to
Tommy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.