SIA standards

Hi all, I am trying to get some information about SIA standards. I hope this is the right place to get the answers for this topic.

My questions:

1. Is SIA DC-09 Internet protocol event reporting protocol wide-spread in the security systems and supported by receivers?

1. Is there any standard for video verification? DC-04 DSC 2000?

Jan

-------------------------------------

Reply to
jan.halama
Loading thread data ...

No. Several manufacturers have said they have it implemented but it's use is very low at best. Most manufacturers use their proprietary protocols as the default in their equipment.

DC-04 (DCS SIA 2000 Standard) - commonly called SIA 2000 also has very little adoption. I'm not aware of any mainstream panels that support it and most receivers do not either. This standard was created for future expansion and most vendors have not seen the need for it yet.

Reply to
SRyckman

Only receiver I know that even receives SIA is Osborne Hoffman do not know if they even make them any more

Reply to
nick markowitz

Huh? Just about every receiver currently made supports SIA including Silent Knight, Honeywell and especially DSC, we use that format extensively due to the longer account number capability

The new Honeywell Lynx Touch supports SIA along with CID

Reply to
mleuck

FBII does not forgot about SK .

Reply to
nick markowitz

They haven't made the FBII receiver in ages tho, at least 15-18 years which was before SIA became widely implemented. I think OH only produces IP receivers these days which are standard blade servers with OH software.

Reply to
mleuck

Not SIA, SIA 2000 - they are different. Yes SIA (original version) is supported by most current receivers, Surgard System x series, Bosch

6600, OH2000 (no longer sold), SK9500/9800, ITI CS5000, etc.
Reply to
SRyckman

Thank you for your answers. I am interested in IP communication to CMS. You say that new SIA protocols are not supported. How does it work in the CMS world if every manufacturer has own proprietary protocol. Is it neccesary to have special receiver for every type of control panel which is connected?

Reply to
jan.halama

SIA the original version is probably SIA DC-03 am I right?

Reply to
jan.halama

Every manufacturer uses a different method of IP communication from the panel and at the central station

Reply to
mleuck

The ITI CS5000 has been discontinued for some time now, I have 3 of them I'm trying to sell on Ebay, special made SK9800's and nice receivers. I did notice today that OH discontinued the 2000e last December.

You are correct about SIA 2000 although Nick just mentioned SIA

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.