PIRs for house with ceiling heating & cooling vents and "pets"!

You have your "B's" mixed up.

I don't think you were here when the original Professor B was.

A whole other saga in the history of ASA.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

in a negative mode

SHUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Just Looking

meniscus in a negative mode

No need to shush, it appears the website is down so we can safely guess that cooper and Professor B are sharing a spot under some freeway in Germany right about now

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Folks,

Update on the drama with my system. The company has agreed to replace the DSC pirs with Bosch Tritech units (They also call them blue line). The bad news ... they cost a lot more. Even if they are not charging me labour, its still working out to an additional AUD$660, thats 6 units in total. As expected, the family are not supporting me on this one. Yes, I did complain and kick up a fuss, but they are standing firm on the fact that they are only charging me the difference in the cost of my originals and the new units. What I can't figure out is, pirs in general seem to cost a lot more here in Aus than say in the US or UK. I took a look at Bass's online store ... for 6 units, without shipping, it's still only a third of what I am spending here. I have called around a few other local companies, and they are all charging way above US rates, in fact the cost I got from my installer is cheap ... hmmm, maybe I should get them shipped from the US!!

Reply to
eddy

That may seem like a good idea. The only thing is that you'll have to find a friendly local company to install them. You can try some of the online stores here:

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland Moore

either you have a HUGE house or you have too many motion sensors. eliminate all but a few 'critical' ones and live happily ever after.

Reply to
thesbian

I've said this before, but it bears repeating:

Don't automatically assume that all of your problems will be solved by installing dual technology detectors. Detector placement is extremely important for reliable performance, and dual technology is not a substitute for good installation practices.

For example, I can think of a place that suddenly had LOTS of false alarms one night, even though dual tech sensors were in use. No previous problems. Turned out they had just gotten a new space heater (a big one, with a fan that blew hot air directly at the detector every twenty seconds or so). You could stand there and watch the unit trip when the hot air hit it! That's an extreme case, and the fan was blowing very hard, even though it was ten feet away.

The point being, first install the detectors in the proper locations. Dual technology is a good idea, but it's not a cure-all.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

What do you mean? My dual techs chased out the ghosts haunt>

Reply to
Roland Moore

indeed. the quality of the technician is quite often more critical than the quality of the technology.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

They're actually running a fishing guide service in the Amazon. They started out by selling "boat anchors".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland Moore

Serves them right!

Reply to
Frank Olson

New species of fish has been developed.

Called "Gagging Pirana".

They are now vegitarians. No sharp teeth, only large molars.

Reply to
Jim

My spell checur spells "pirana", piranha. The "ha" at the end is very important. It's the sound you hear as they swim away.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Now that's really strange.

I hardly ever use a spell cheker(ur)(a)(or)(um) but on this word I did. It shows pirana and down lower(ur) it shows piranha, (which I missed) Upon your note, I looked up pirana in the dictionary and there's no listing.

So now I wonder(ur) why pirana is in the spell checker(ur)(a)(or)(um), at all.

Maybe they just want to make bad spellers feel good.

Reply to
Jim

I'm not usually a bad speller. I did spell "Connecticut" wrong once. And I'm always tempted to put the "r" in words like "wash" and "Washington". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm always tend to think of BS when I think of Washington.

Reply to
Jim

That is common practice in the alarm industry, Eddy. I get a lot of flak here for offering hardware at prices slightly above installer cost. You can order Bosch sensors online from a number of sources, including

formatting link
but we don't accept credit card orders unless the card has a US address. This cuts down on fraud which is a major problem for online vendors. We do ship overseas though.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.