Napco Spread Spectrum wireless

My customer is a 92 year old lady that we installed a Magnum 1008 for approximately 15 years ago. The equipment is all working fine except for the T1000 wireless pendant transmitter which has failed. The Spead Spectrrum wireless system was built by Linear as an add on to Napco's Magnum series using proprietary protocols for the keypad bus. The digital transmitter code was also reversed. So a Napco, not a linear pendant must be employed as a replacement. Napco no longer manufactures the Spectrum or its parts. Although Linear still makes a similar unit it will not interface with Napco's bus and they cannot supply a Napco compatible transmitter or receiver. Does anyone know where I might be able to get ahold of one of these old Spread Spectrum pendant transmitters? She's on SS and has very little money. Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002
Loading thread data ...

eBay maybe?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have plenty of the receivers still in boxes with 6 transmitters (I think). No pendants, however... If you want one, I'll donate it to the lady... Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

I don't know what type of signal you're trying to send with the pendant.But if all fails you can get an inexpensive Linear single chanel receiver and wire it across the two white wires on the keypad to send a panic with matching pendant. If its medical you're trying to send just tell the central what it is. They're not that expensive. RW

Reply to
Roger W

You don't have to put in a Napco pendant, just get a standard Linear pendant and external wireless receiver

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Other than eBay, as another gentleman already suggested, you might consider replacing the panic with a standard Linear transmitter. The DXT-41 pendant transmitter and DXR-701 single channel receiver are an inexpensive solution. The transmitter sells for $36 and the receiver costs $46.80 (both prices retail, my website). As a dealer you can get them for a bit less at any of the major distributors.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It's 15 years old man! Is her TV 15 years old too? Have you called Napco to tell them this story? Who is your Napco rep? I bet if the rep knew this story he or she could comp you a GEM-801 and a FOB. Maybe the rep would offer a free F64 to try out instead (so it could talk to her)? You could do the install for free and they could write it up for some public service message as a dealer do-gooder. And at 92 if you put in a new panel it should be the last panel she'll ever need.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.