ideas needed

Was approached by some vets about a memorial site that consists of walls with the names of veterans who have passed on. They are concerned about vandalism to the walls because it has happened elsewhere. There is no building just the walls on about a 1/4 acre area with a pole with some lights on it. Any ideas how to protect or discourage vandals from defacing a memorial to our fallen heroes? Thanks Rapid

Reply to
Rapid
Loading thread data ...

You can install a web based video surveillence or have a volunteer guard the premises 24/7. A local business may provide a wireless or hardwired internet access.

Volunteers are not in short supply when it comes to our Veterans. Some areas encourage free use of the facility for art shows, exhibits, seminars, street vendors, etc., to encourage having people there frequently.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

This is a sorry situation that someone would do this.

I would get them on camera and put them on TV.

Reply to
Bill

Shoot the bastards

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

A-HA! I knew it. The World Cup is already bringing out your violent side. js

Reply to
alarman

good ideas, thanks Jim

Reply to
Rapid

any links to auto targeting mechanism? like the motion detector lawn sprinkler only more persuasive? (:

Reply to
Rapid

THAT explains why the Irish here are stumbling in the streets and wearing those oversized green striped shirts and their Daisy Duke shorts. That damn tournament must be happening. Nothing says "bigtime sporting event" quite like Pakistan squaring off against Cameroon in a game of Imapean European We're All A Peeing Weeeeeeeee Kick The Ball Weeeeeeeeeee. Kicking a ball into a 3 car garage they call a net is not a sport. What the hell must the bubblegum cards be like? "Hey Jimmy I'll trade you my Doomboo Malumba for your Balish Patel"

Someone introduce these knuckleheads to GOD's Chosen sport of BASEBALL.

alarman wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ohwhooo, thar now. The moost I'll begivin ya wil oowenly be two Flathead McGirks fer one of yer Doomboo's . An that'll be a barrgin yull be gettin .... too .... ya dim Yankee.

Yeah sure. Baseball is the only game you where you could start to sleep off a drunken stupor at the beginning of first inning and when you wake up, the pitcher would be just starting his windup for the second pitch.

Reply to
Jim

try to run after the damn ball for the length of the game,and you will learn that Soccer IS A SPORT...

Now if you want to talk about a real sport try watching some Hockey..Much more interesting then a game of baseball..

Baseball is the only sport where they have to wake up the crowd at 3/4 of the game and make them move and stretch so that they can walk out of the Ball park at the end of the game..(7th inning break)

"Everywhere Man" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
petem

Running back and forth chasing a ball on the grass? In America we call that Go Fetch. Hockey? That's Canadian figure skating. Hardest thing to do in sports is hit a baseball, but I can understand how you canucks wouldn't comprehend that when the 3rd place Toronto Blue Jays are all you have as a reference.

petem wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Hitting the ball is easy. Figuring out whether you're "parked" properly over home plate when you can't see the ground over your gut... now

*that's* hard.
Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.