How to reset service light on CADDX NX-6?

You'll need to reprogram it so it's a local system (not monitored), the previous company was probably sending daily/weekly/or monthly test signals and the fail to communicate will come up all the time.

Sorry I don't use Caddx so can't tell ya how to deprogram it...others here do and will likely chime in

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

We moved into a house that has a Caddx NX-6 panel. After a recent lengthy power outage, the service light came on. I found the user manual and went into the Service menu. It indicates a failure to communicate with the central station. That's obvious because we chose not to sign up with a alarm monitoring company.

Does anyone know how I can clear this light or tell it is not monitored? My background is E.E. so hopefully I can handle any technical jargon flung my way. Thanks in advance!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

First Press the * and then the Number 2 to check for service. look to see which light comes on next.

1 system 2 zone tamper 3 low battery 4 loss of supervision 5 zone trouble 6 telphone line 7 failure to comm 8 loss of system time

Arem and dis are it may clear. If more get back to me Rich

Reply to
Rich

Try * 7 to reset the system, I don't know if it will work for "Fail to communicate"......... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Man, you guys respond fast!

Russ I tried *7 normally and within the service menu (after *2) - no luck.

Rich, I did the *2 and light 7 lit up (failure to communicate). I have armed and disarmed the system successfully multiple times but the light stays on. Seems like there is an extra step to clear it that the user manual won't tell me.

Any more ideas???

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

If that's the case the system probably is not programmed to send test signals...just low battery or power fail, so you should be ok until it tries to send alarm or trouble signals, then you'll have to do that procedure again.

| >

| >> Russ I tried *7 normally and within the service menu (after *2) - no | >> luck. | >>

| >> Rich, I did the *2 and light 7 lit up (failure to communicate). I have | >> armed | >> and disarmed the system successfully multiple times but the light stays | >> on. | >> Seems like there is an extra step to clear it that the user manual won't | >> tell me. | >>

| >> Any more ideas??? | >>

| >> Bruce | >>

| >>

| >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks Allan. That worked like a charm.

Hopefully this won't happen a lot. We have lived here about 5 months and this was the first occurrence - due to a lengthy power outage we had.

Reply to
Bruce

I have an interest in a central station..and yes I am monitored.

No, I dunno your master or install code ... I never use Caddx either so I can't help ya with programming them.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You can't clear the "Fail to Communicate" without sending a good communication to a central station. However, you can power down and then power back up.... (Remove Battery wire, then remove one side of the AC to power down. To Power up, Connect the AC power first, then the battery). This will clear the problem until it attempts to send another communication. Then you will have to repeat the above procedure.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Are you monitored by a central station?

Do you know the master or install code.

If so you can disable the central station, but I find another one soon.

Reply to
Rich

Did you change the battery?

How old is it. can you see a date code on it.

I like to get them out in four years and date them with a marker.

Reply to
Rich

If the installer did not change the access codes from the factory you can get to it through software and a computer. With a direct cable or dial in to it. If you know the phone number . Then you can set or change the install code or the master code.

I use Caddx all the time.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

After power the system down, you'll need to reset the system clock.........

Reply to
Russell Brill

Hi Bruce , Since you don't have it monitored now You have to disable the weekly test reports,alarm restorals . Actually if don't want it ring your mobile when its triggered you can disable dialler.It will clear the fail to communicate problem . Sam.

Reply to
Sam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.