HELP!! Need answers for test!!! Part 2

What is the maximum allowable voltage drop for an audible device?5,10,15 or 20% What is the maximum distance 18 AWG wire is suitable for a self contained siren? What is used to reduce current?resistor or capacitor?

Reply to
Gator
Loading thread data ...
5 percent 1000 ft Resistor

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Where are you getting your answers??

Reply to
Frank Olson

I am answering the questions the best I know how. I have no books or references available. So I will probably get some wrong.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Reply to
Bass' Helper

You know if everyone helps you with this test then you won't know shit

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Either that, or we'll all have to go on his next troubleshooting service call...and I'm really expensive.

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

NFPA 70-2002 215.2(A)4 FPN 2 suggests limiting all branch circuits to no more than 3%. 5% overall when considering the feeder.

NFPA 70-2002 110,3(B) requires that listed and labeled equpment be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's documentation. In other words, the maximum voltage drop permitted is the difference between the power source and the device's minimum nameplate voltage.

How much current does the siren require? What's its minimum nameplate voltage? 1-strand 18AWG or 7-strand? Aluminum, copper (coated or uncoated), or copper-clad alumunum?

A resistor can be used to limit current.

Happy holidays,

Mike

-- Michael B. Baker, SET Michael Baker & Associates, Inc. PO Box 737 Gladstone, OR 97027-0737

503-657-8888 v 503-655-1014 f ET News(r)
formatting link
Reply to
mbbaker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.